Thanks to everyone who attended the All-staff London Weighting meeting yesterday – we reckon 70-80 people crammed into the new IHR Common Room, with apologies from loads more, and the atmosphere was determined but constructive as we detailed events so far, next steps, and plans to keep the pressure upon the University!
Here’s a selection of ideas from the meeting and after:
- Make sure this gets added to the agenda for the next all-staff meeting
- At the ASM, everyone to text a question about it
- Also at ASM, various staff to stand up & ask questions
- Get an open letter, signed by all, into local press
- Approach unions in negotiation to give feedback to all staff
- Request a staff rep on the 8 Oct negotiations?
- Possible low-level protest action after the 8 Oct meeting: wearing the same colours on a given day is one idea.
- Campaign website
- Poster campaign
Please find attached a factsheet, and please do get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more info.