The Independent Workers Union of Great Britain (IWGB) is currently looking for a new caseworker to work from its London office for £11.55 per hour, with hours yet to be discussed. The position will be temporary to cover a staff members’ maternity leave. Therefore, the person should be able to start in mid to late January and end on 14 June.
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
- manage a varied caseload, chiefly of disciplinaries, grievances, and deduction of wages claims, but also entering into other areas of law as required by the diverse and changing membership (e.g. licensing issues for private hire drivers)
- assist with preparation of tribunal cases (and may develop into running such cases) help to maintain the smooth operation of the IWGB legal department maintain data management processes and keep members informed while acting in accordance with their needs
- assist the general secretary and other legal department colleagues with other tasks appropriate to the post
- undertake any other duties appropriate to the post and help other staff maintain the smooth running of the union’s head office.
- Have a high level of spoken Spanish
- Have experience of employment-related case work.
- Grasp the IWGB’s approach and be personally committed to social justice and the improvement of working conditions.
- Have good computer skills, including a knowledge of MS Office including Excel.
- Have a high level of personal organisation and an ability to deal with a demanding and stressful job.
- Be able to work independently and in a team
- Have been an active member of a union or have knowledge of the trade union movement.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you would fit this role to Seb Flais at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12pm on 10 January.
Please also include the details of two professional references.