The IWGB is looking for an enthusiastic person who is committed to improving working conditions at the University of London to fill our volunteer position for 2-3 days a week for the summer from 15th of May – 31st of July.
Ideally you will have
- been an active member of a union or have knowledge of the trade union movement
- previous exposure to case work would be desirable
- some knowledge of employment law
- knowledge of MS Office
- we have a large Latin American membership so Spanish would be a plus!
- any graphic design knowledge will be a bonus and we ask that you bring your own laptop
Hopefully the successful applicant will get a lot out of this role – both in terms of helping work with a grassroots, campaigning union and in the skills, confidence and contacts we’d hope to help you develop.