The University met with unions yesterday to present its initial offer on London Weighting. Here are the details:
- A backdated increase from 1st August this year in line with the national pay increase.
- The application of any national pay increases each year in future and
- Increases in 2015 and 2016 as follows:
- £100 on 1 April 2015
- £100 on 1st August 2015
- A final uplift on 1st August 2016 to £2500 of the amount necessary following the increases set out above and the effects of the national pay awards over the periods from now to August 2016 and
- Consolidation into basic pay at rate of £2500 from 1st August 2016
It’s clear the University is seeing what it can get away with – further pressure and more staff action will be required in order to get a decent offer. Watch this space for the next stage in the campaign – and of course do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.