The University of London’s current Facilities Management (FM) contract with Cofely Workplace Ltd will be coming to an end on 27th March 2016.
Three new FM providers have been appointed for an initial five year term:
- Bouygues Energies and Services FM UK Ltd to provide hard facilities management including building maintenance (fabric and mechanical & electrical) and energy performance services
- Cordant Services to provide cleaning and front of house services (security/reception and logistics including portering, AV and mail room)
- Nurture Landscapes Ltd to provide grounds maintenance
What happens to affected staff?
Please do not worry!
- All staff will be protected by TUPE (Transfer of Undertakings and Protection of Employment) legislation, and will transfer to the new company.
- Your terms and conditions will remain the same.
- Your length of service will be preserved.
What happens next?
The outgoing company (Cofely / Engie) is required by law to consult with all affected staff.
- You should have elected a staff rep – if you are unsure who this is, get in touch with us!
- These reps will be meeting with management to ask questions and pass on information.
- The IWGB has also written to the new companies to request a meeting before the contracts begin.
Please do get in touch with any problems or questions – you can speak to Henry (07922810798) or Danny (07783719479)