Just a quick update as we move into week 4 of the strikes!
- Talks between UCU and UUK will resume on Monday – UCU say:
‘There has been constructive engagement and progress on the challenging issues in the dispute. Talks will continue on Monday, although both sides will be working over the weekend. For the avoidance of doubt, the strikes remain on.’
- 32 universities have now come out in support of maintaining the defined benefit scheme / accepting a higher level of risk, including Oxford and Cambridge.
- There’s a great letter from the Master of Churchill College here – https://www.chu.cam.ac.uk/news/2018/mar/9/letter-master-athene-donald-alistair-jarvis-uuk/
- More than 10,000 people have signed the petitionto make UUK subject to the Freedom of Information Act (https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/214119)
- Students have massively supported the strike, and been in occupation in universities across the country, including Bath, Exeter, Leicester and UCL.
- We’ve seen worldwide solidarity from other unions (including Toronto, pictured)
IN SHORT – WE ARE WINNING! KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, COME TO THE PICKET AND HELP MAKE HISTORY AND SAVE OUR PENSIONS